This opportunity will suit appropriately qualified and experienced contractors who can facilitate the project management and administration of public art, including project planning, development and commissioning of artists.
Scope of work
The function of Public Art Producer will provide suitable experience and competency in the delivery of the following elements:
- Site assessments of public art project sites, and development of place based public art plans in line with Council templates.
- Development of Expressions of Interest (EOI) callouts for artists;
- Manage artist and or stakeholder relationships and contracting;
- Develop and manage public artwork mural program schedules and budgets;
- Contribute to risk management processes.
This project runs from December 2023 to June 2024 based on the following timeframes.
|Public Art Producer Induction||Council contractor (Public Art Producer) supplier set-up.||8 to 15 December 2023|
Project deliverables / timeline developed;
Artist EOI Callout development/ promoted.
|January to February 2024|
EOI Callout Assessment Review;
Key stakeholder engagement;
Provide artist support for delivery of community and / or school/s workshops;
Artwork production / installation scheduling
|February to June 2024|
Skills and experience
Submissions will need to demonstrate how the proponent holds the following skills and experience:
- Understanding and or experience of delivering temporary and or permanent public art or transferrable creative project management skills;
- Capacity to work productively with artists and communities from a range of cultural backgrounds;
- Artist and stakeholder management experience;
- Strong writing skills and computer literacy, including competency in Microsoft Office suite.
The successful contractor will be required to provide:
- Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance;
- Working with Children Check.
To apply for this opportunity, please provide us in one combined PDF document:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- A short statement outlining your Skills and Experience;
- Contact details for two referees.
Please send your submission via email to email@example.com with Public Art Producer submission in the email subject line.
Applications close at 4:30 PM on Monday 27 November 2023. Submissions will be shortlisted following the closing date and interviews with proponents will be held in early December.
Find out more
For more information, please contact Kristina Tito – Arts and Cultural Projects Producer on 02 8757 9405 or email firstname.lastname@example.org