Calling all creative kids in Cumberland or those willing to try something new!
Child protection is an important issue and, as a first in NSW, we invite local children and young people to submit their artwork to feature in our upcoming Child Safe signage for display across Cumberland City.
The competition is being launched in National Child Protection Week (5-11 September) with this year’s theme being Every child, in every community, needs a fair go.
We value the input and contribution of all children and young people and invite you to help capture some important child safe messages for the entire community. So, if you’re aged 0 to 17 years we want to see your drawing, painting, photograph or original graphic design.
Who can enter?
To be eligible to enter;
- You must be under the age of 18 years
- Be a resident or current student that attends a school or education and care centre in the Cumberland City Local Government Area, and
- Complete the simple Entry Form and gain parent or guardian consent.
- The competition opens Sunday 5 September 2021, marking the beginning of National Child Protection Week and closes Sunday 17 October 2021.
- Judging to take place from 18 October 2021 to 2 November 2021.
- Winners contacted by 9 November 2021.
- Winner’s signage installed Q1 2022.
Themes of artworks
Your artwork should aim to reflect one of the following themes:
- Children and young people have a right to safety in the community
- People working with children should be safe and appropriate
- Keep watch of your children and supervise
Artists are required to upload a high-resolution digital image of their artwork in JPEG format.
How to enter
- Read the Terms and Conditions before submitting your entry.
- If your artwork contains people who can be identified, you will need to submit a photography permission form for each person and attach to your online entry form.
- Submit your entry using the online entry form.
If your artwork contains people who can be identified, you will need to submit a photography permission form for each person. If the person is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian is required to sign the photography consent form on their behalf.
Once complete, attach the form to your online entry form.
If you have any questions regarding this competition, please contact our Senior Coordinator Children and Youth Development by phone 02 8757 9504 or email victoria.Franji@cumberland.nsw.gov.au
Child protection is serious issue impacting many children and young people in all settings.
- If you or someone you know is experiencing issues around child abuse or neglect please call the NSW Child Protection Helpline on 132 111.
- In an emergency call Police or Ambulance on 000.
- For free phone counselling and support, for children and young people, call the Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800.