COVID-19 update - 5 July 2021
All face to face services for seniors, including over 55s will be suspended from Monday 28 June until further notice. Shopping and meals will be delivered to the front door of homes and wellness check ins will be made via telephone.
View the program calendar for services and programs available throughout May to August 2021.
*Please note that program details and prices outlined in this program are subject to change.
Our services and programs
How we normally deliver our services and programs to our customers:
- Shopping services – Customers will have the opportunity to attend shopping with a staff member/volunteer or submit a shopping list and have shopping done on their behalf. Health checks will apply for both staff and customers before each service. Fees for these programs will be invoiced, direct debit is the preferred payment method of these invoices.
- Home visits – A very small number of home visits are being provided for customers who are very isolated. These will be undertaken by staff only, on a fortnightly basis and limited to 1 hour per visit. Health checks will apply to both staff and customers before each service.
- Group programs –The group sizes have increased to be inline with the maximum number of people we can have in the facility where the program is running, customers are still able to attend on multiple days. The length of the program has also been increased to 3 and a half hours for the centre based Wellness Program. An additional venue has been introduced, with Wellness Programs now also being available at Berala Community Centre again. Programs at Wentworthville Community Centre will be on hold until the end of July 2021 as the space is currently being utilized by NSW Health. Fees for these programs will be invoiced, direct debit is the preferred payment method of these invoices.
- Transport –We can now use all our vehicles to full capacity and all customers must wear a mask while in the vehicle. Fees for this service will be invoiced, direct debit is the preferred payment method of these invoices.
- Meals –Nutrition Services Team will be providing your meals for Wellness Programs. Meals at Social Outings will vary as per program. Fees for this service will be invoiced, direct debit is the preferred payment method of these invoices.
- Cleaning – All vehicles and program spaces including equipment, will undergo a cleaning process before and after each program or use.
- Health Checks – Staff, volunteers and customers will be subject to a health screen check prior to a home visit, social outing or group program service. This will include a series of questions relating to health and travel and a temperature check. Staff have the right to cancel a service or program attendance should there be any concerns, please understand this is for the safety of you, other customers, staff and volunteers.
These activities are supported by funding from the Australian Government Department of Health (DoH) as well as by the NSW Community Care Supports Program. For more information visit DoH and ADHC websites. Although funding for these activities has been provided by the Australian and NSW Governments, the material contained herein does not necessarily represent the views or policies of the Australian and NSW Governments.