Use your library card to access a range of eResources.
Be inspired by healthy tips, recipes and more from our selected list of eBooks and eMagazines available online.
Health and wellbeing
This booklet is a one-stop shop of the health information and programs promoted during September.
Want to make healthier changes but need more support?
The NSW Get Healthy Service coaches can provide you with the support and motivation you need to reach your own healthy goals. Register today, its free.
Age is no barrier to getting active. Check out free NSW Health programs:
- Stepping On: For adults 65+, face to face program.
- Healthy & Active for Life Program: For adults over 60 years of age, Aboriginal people 45+ can register online.
For more information about both of these programs and what they involve or to register your interest.
Please send us an email to WSLHD - ActiveandHealthy@health.nsw.gov.au
Leave us you number if you would like someone to call you to talk to you about the programs.
Tips for healthy eating – try one and see how you go!
- Start your day with breakfast
- Carry a water bottle to drink more water
- Take fruit, nuts and crackers for snacks on the go
- Switch a sugary drink to water
- Ordering food? Try and swap to a healthy option. Swap fries for roast potatoes or salad. Swap the sausage roll for a cheese and tomato toastie.
- Cook a healthy meal at home, click here to download our healthy recipes
Check out videos by South East Sydney Local health District to learn about food labels.
Read it before you eat it Webinar:
- Part 1 An Introduction to label reading and the health Star rating (opens in YouTube)
- Part 2 An Introduction of using the five label reading steps (opens in YouTube)
Join a supportive community for free to help you quit for good!
- Get support to quit smoking with Quitline NSW.
- Check out the online iCanQuit community for tips, stories and experiences with quitting and staying quit.
- Check out free quit smoking mobile apps.
- See this flyer for information on NRT support services.
- Free quit smoking support group available for young people. Contact Youth Health on 02 9881 1230.