Applications closed at 4pm on Thursday 28 April 2022
What is ClubGRANTS?
ClubGRANTS is a community development grants program funded by local clubs and administered by Cumberland City Council. The scheme enables registered clubs with gaming machine profits over $1 million to apply for a tax rebate (of 1.85%). The tax rebate is used to provide grants to not-for-profit community organisations for community projects. The Scheme is guided by the Gaming Machine Tax Act 2001.
Participating clubs in the Cumberland Local Government Area (LGA) include:
- Auburn Soccer Sports Club
- Auburn Tennis Club
- DOOLEYS Lidcombe Catholic Club
- Granville Diggers
- Guildford Leagues
- Club Merrylands Bowling
- Merrylands RSL
- Wenty Leagues
Who can apply?
The Clubs for Cumberland Scheme aims to support local projects and services that assist people within the Cumberland Local Government Area (LGA). Funded projects must be in the areas of Community Welfare and Social Services, Community Development, Community Health Services and Employment Assistance Activities.
Applications are open to schools, local Government and non-profit community based, incorporated organisations with an Australian Business Number (ABN). Organisations without an ABN must be sponsored by an incorporated organisation.
Resources and documents
Guidelines and previous successful applicants
- 2022 Clubs for Cumberland ClubGRANTS Scheme - Guidelines.
- 2021 Clubs for Cumberland ClubGRANTS Scheme - Guidelines
- 2021 Successful Applicants
- 2020 Feedback Summary for Clubs for Cumberland ClubGRANTS
- 2020 Successful Applicants
Checklists and templates
ClubGRANTS online applicant user manual
- English version (PDF, 293KB)
- Arabic version (PDF, 399KB)
- Chinese version (PDF, 422KB)
- Vietnamese version (PDF, 339KB)
- Progress reports for projects funded in 2021 are due 28 March 2022.
- Final acquittal reports for projects funded in 2021 are due 28 November 2022.
Cumberland Grants Bulletin
You can also sign up for the monthly Cumberland City Council Grants Bulletin to receive emails about upcoming grant opportunities.
Further information and contacts
For further information, please contact our Grants Officers on 02 8757 9800 or email email@example.com
For all technical enquiries relating to the ClubGRANTS Online system please contact Member Enquiries Centre (MEC) on 1300 730 001.