AApplications and entries open on Monday 30 April 2018 and close on Friday 15 June 2018.
2018 Cumberland Local Heritage Awards
The Cumberland Local Heritage Awards seek to recognise the work undertaken by owners of heritage properties, to involve and educate school children about local history and heritage, and to promote the value and benefit of heritage to the local community.
There are six categories within the Local Heritage Awards, being:
- Category 1: Best maintained heritage property.
- Category 2: Restoration and development of a heritage property.
- Category 3: Historesearch – Researching our local history. Open to high school students and individuals, this category is for research of a local person, group or aspect of Cumberland’s history that relates to the 2018 National Trust Heritage Festival theme of “My Culture, My Story”. Entrants are encouraged to be imaginative and present their work in either a written or visual format. Visual entries may utilise a creative technique such as digital media, traditional arts or photography. Entries must show originality and primary research.
- Category 4: Keeper of the Stone. Primary school children from Kindergarten to Grade 4 are invited to enter this colouring-in competition.
- Category 5: Writing Competition. Open to Grade 5 and 6 students. Consists of two divisions— Division 1 Short Story Competition (Fiction) and Division 2 Essay Competition (Non-fiction). Students are invited to reflect on the theme ‘My Culture, My Story’. The word limit for both Divisions is 700 words.
- Category 6: School Poster Competition. Open as a group entry to Kindergarten to Grade 12 students. Consists of two divisions – Division 1 (Kindergarten to Grade 6) and Division 2 (Grade 7 to Grade 12). Students are invited to reflect on the theme ‘My Culture, My Story’. Designs can include drawings, paintings, collages, computer graphics or stylised photographs.
Entries in the Cumberland Local Heritage Awards must be accompanied by an official entry form and specify the category being entered. Further information including entry forms and prizes can be obtained from the Council Administration Buildings in Merrylands and Auburn, Council libraries and using the links below:
- Entry (PDF, 234.28 KB) form for Category 1 & 2 Awards 2018 (PDF, 234.28 KB)
- Entry (PDF, 233.33 KB) form for Category 3 Awards 2018 (PDF, 233.33 KB)
- Entry (PDF, 568.21 KB) form for Category 4 Keeper of the Stone Awards 2018 (PDF, 568.21 KB)
- Entry (PDF, 235.46 KB) form for Category 5 Writing Competition Awards 2018 (PDF, 235.46 KB)
- Entry (PDF, 237.27 KB) form for Category 6 School Poster Competition Awards 2018 (PDF, 237.27 KB)
- Heritage Awards Guidelines (PDF, 109.5 KB)
- Heritage Awards Brochure (PDF, 363.48 KB)
2018 Cumberland Local Heritage Rebate Program
The Cumberland Local Heritage Rebate Program is to assist and encourage private owners of heritage listed properties, and of properties within listed heritage conservation areas, within the Cumberland local government area to undertake positive works that will improve the appearance of these properties.
Applications to the Heritage Local Rebate Program must be accompanied by an official application form and include the supporting documentation as specified on the application form and brochure. Further information on the Rebate Program and the application form can be obtained from the Council Administration Buildings in Merrylands and Auburn, Council libraries, and using the links below:
- Application form for Heritage Rebate Program 2018 (PDF, 278.58 KB)
- Heritage Rebate Program Guidelines 2018 (PDF, 156.19 KB)
- Heritage Rebate Program Brochure (PDF, 333.94 KB)
Entry and Application Lodgment Details
Entries and applications for both the Awards and Rebate Program open on Monday 30 April 2018 and close at midnight on Friday 15 June 2018.
Please post entries or applications to:
Attn: Strategic Planning
The General Manager
Cumberland Heritage Awards
PO Box 42
Merrylands NSW 2160
Entries to Categories 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of the Local Heritage Awards and applications to the Local Heritage Rebate Program can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the poster (if digital) for Category 6 may be too large in file size to be sent by email. If you wish to send an e-copy, you may wish to save the poster on a CD or a USB and either post it or hand deliver it.
Should you have any enquires, please contact Council on 8757 9000.