We've introduced special measures for these special times
Cumberland City Council is responding to COVID19 guidance from both Federal and State levels of government. View the latest Media Release for details.
- Customer face to face Service Centre's - Both Auburn and Merrylands Service Centre's are open.
- Cumberland City Council parks, gardens, playgrounds and outdoor exercise equipment are open.
- Cumberland City Libraries - All libraries are open to the public. We are still strictly adhering to public health guidelines, which means some services will remain suspended. For a full list of available services and opening hours please visit, the Library page.
- Community Centres - Community Centres are open in line with the latest Public Health Orders. COVID-19 Venue Protocols and COVID-19 Venue Capacities apply.
- Council is accepting bookings for training sessions of up to 20 people at our sports ovals. For bookings, phone Emma Higgins on 02 8757 9621 or email email@example.com. For casual hirers please contact Council on 02 8757 9000
- Swimming Centres - Cumberland City Council Swim Centres have re-opened. For details visit the swimming pools page.
- Development Construction - Council’s support for local development construction during this period - Read more
- Citizenship Ceremonies - During COVID-19, Council will be holding small in-person citizenship ceremonies in accordance with the state directives and restrictions. Accordingly, the number of conferees able to attend each ceremony will be limited. The Government is also holding online citizenship ceremonies via secure video link, to enable people to continue to become Australian citizens during the COVID-19 Pandemic. For more information, visit
Public Health Orders and COVID-19 testing locations
Council services and community information
Where to get emergency help