There's good reason not to hesitate
Don’t be discouraged by the thought of joining a waiting list for your preferred Council childcare service. You may be accepted sooner than you think. Also, if you find the waiting list application form difficult, Council can help you fill it out. Follow the directions below or for assistance with your application call Council on 02 8757 9076.
Steps to joining a waiting list
Enquire about vacancies and waiting lists for centres you would like to enrol at
- Long Day Care
- Family Day Care
- Out of school hours care
- Occasional Care
Allow at least 30 minutes to complete the process
There are 9 separate pages you will need to complete online. These include:
- About the Parent page
- About the Child page
- Booking page
- Second Parent page
- Emergency Authorisation page
- Child’s Health page
- Child’s Medical history page
- Personal identification / Documentation page
- Supplementary Questions page
Make sure you have the right documents
You will need scan or photograph the following documentation and upload it:
- Birth certificate
- Doctor’s details
- Immunisation record
- A health management plan – if your child has:
- Other health conditions
- Medicare number
- Any private health insurance details
- Emergency contact details for two people
- Photo identification:
- Driver’s licence
- Passport or
- NSW Photo Card
- Centrelink Customer Reference Number, if applicable
- Parenting orders, parenting plans or court orders – if necessary. Including details about your child’s home, and any contact restrictions for specific people.
Fill out an online application
Visit Cumberland Council’s Children, Youth & Family Services on the Smart Central booking site. You can apply for individual centres by entering the name of the centre, suburb you want or your preferred postcode in the search field.
You will need to create an account and log in.
Education and Care Handbook
If you need help with the application process, phone Council’s Children, Youth & Family Services on (02) 8757 9076.